Sunday, April 6, 2008

Review #3 Donatos Big Don Italian Sub.


I really like donatos pizza and I thought if I love their pizza will I love their subs? I just so happen to have a dollar off coupon on the fridge, which when I paid for the sub even though I came and picked it up I gave them a dollar tip. I figured if I'm going to write about them and I got a dollar off might as well. Anyway I got the sub home opened up the box and positioned it to see the insides and took the picture to the right.

I was surprised by what I saw. I really enjoyed the fact they they don't fluff their subs. Fluffying meaning that they just laid the meat down and didnt try to plump it up to look larger than what it is by curling or laying methods. Also they don't over do on the lettuce. One thing I hate is when sub shops want the sub to look larger so they add double the lettuce needed. Nice try coporate owners but I'm on to you , I know the lettuce trick. Anyway back to the review, the roma tomatoes were nice, jucy and red, as the yellow peppers added great flavor without overpowering the sandwich. The meat was a bit salty, that is expected with these types of meats. Ham and Salami are always salty.

I would have liked the cheese to be a little bit more melty and the ends of the bread to have more substance, as the ends ended up being more like pizza crust The bread was good and toasty and I loved the cornmeal bottom. All the ingredients were good, and the over all taste was wonderful.

4.0 stars It's a good italian sub from a pizza joint. Not the best I've ever had but decent with good quality ingredience and a nice toasty bread with a cornmeal bottom

No comments: